Reasons to apply for a role with Manchester City Council
- As a Beta Ranked City, Manchester is recognised internationally for its unique contribution to both the national and world economy. From the passenger railway and splitting the atom, to the world’s first programmable computer, our city has always been at the frontier of innovation and social progression and we are committed to maintaining our pioneering spirit;
- In 2019, Manchester was voted the most liveable city in the UK again;
- With over 7,000 employees engaged in the delivery of a broad range of essential public services, we are Manchester’s largest employer;
- Sport comes home to Manchester, with a vast number of world class sporting events, institutions and teams on your doorstep;
- As the Gateway to the North, Manchester has easy access to beautiful countryside (including the Lake District and the Peak District) and cosmopolitan cities such as Chester, Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle and York;
- As a key member of the Northern Powerhouse, the City of Manchester is committed to continuing its investment in skills, innovation, transport and culture;
- Manchester is the second most popular place for tourism after London.
- We’re passionate about what we do. The Products and Public Services we shape, deliver and support, better the lives and wellbeing of over 550,000 citizens of Manchester.